It’s Time for BUMC’s 84th Rummage Sale!
Friday, October 6, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 7, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Directions to Barrington UMC
The church is located on the south side of Rt. 62 (Algonquin Rd.) just east of Rt. 59. Check the church website for location.
- From north of Barrington: Take Hough St. (Rt. 59) through town, stay to the right to stay on Rt. 59, turn left onto Rt. 62, the church is on your right
- From the west: take Rt. 62, just past Rt. 59 Or Take Rt. 68 to Rt. 62, turn right, the church is on your right
- From the east: Palatine Road to Rt. 62 (Algonquin Rd.) turn right Or Rt. 68 to Rt. 59, turn left, the church is on your right
- From the south: Roselle Rd or Barrington Rd to Rt. 62, turn left, church will be on your left Or from Rt. 59, turn right onto Rt. 62, the church is on your right
- There is no transportation provided by Barrington UMC between the village of Barrington and the church.
Sunday, October 1, 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday& Tuesday, October 2–3, 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 4, 9:00 am to Noon!!
We will accept fall and winter clothing (on hangers is greatly appreciated), shoes, boots, accessories (hats, belts, purses, scarves), jewelry, housewares, small appliances, books, CDs, videos, DVDs, instruments, antiques, collectibles, holiday items, crafts, linens, sporting goods, tools, toys, baby items, lamps, pictures/frames, lawn furniture, etc.
We cannot accept paint, metal office furniture and large furniture, electronics, TVs, computer items, encyclopedias and magazines, knives, propane tanks, carpeting (area rugs are OK), large exercise equipment, aerosol cans, large appliances, tires, humidifiers, air conditioners, mattresses, batteries, standard-sized organs and pianos, infant car seats, cabinet stereos. No large furniture! Only small items, able to be lifted by one or two people, and can fit in a trunk! Contact Mary Mellon, (847) 217-2760, with questions.
Note: All items should be in new or like new condition, clean, complete with parts and in working order. It costs us money to dispose of unusable donations—please help us keep expenses down.
The BUMC Rummage Sale needs over 150 volunteers every year to help set up, price and label, hold the sale, and clean up. Now the process of volunteering is easier than ever! Online sign up is now available.