Members and friends of Barrington UMC and First UMC West Dundee have made...
The novel coronavirus disease, COVID-19, is creating new and difficult challenges for some of the local nonprofit organizations we support. Please take a moment to read about the specific needs of FISH Food Pantry and PADS of Elgin. Any help you are able to provide is welcome and appreciated.
Below are updates on our other mission partners and friends:
- Meals with Wheels is now delivering hot meals on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with a frozen meal included on Monday and Wednesday. Our teams are still delivering, many thanks to our newest volunteers for stepping up and to those who continue to be faithful to this important ministry.
- ChildServ supports children and families in foster care in Chicago and Chicagoland and runs four group homes in DuPage County. Their Emerge program assists young people who have aged out of foster care and are transitioning to adulthood. Social workers in the Parent Empowerment Program work with young mothers from prenatal through preschool ages to ensure children who would be at risk get a good start. All of these programs are continuing with staff on site or meeting with families virtually.
- Community Crisis Center is on lockdown and is no longer accepting non-financial donations. Please be in prayer for anyone in an abusive relationship during this time. Anxiety and stress are often triggers for abuse. Please pray for the abuser as well as for the victims.
- USO The USO centers at O’Hare airport are currently closed and likely will remain so until military travel restrictions in place through June 30 are lifted.
- KidsHope mentoring We continue to be in prayer for our mentees and all of the students who are engaged in distance learning at this time.
- Carpentersville Community Meal went on pause in March until we can provide hospitality in a safe manner.
- Tree of Life Ministries cannot accommodate our adult mission trip this summer, but remains in close communication with BUMC.